Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 15, 2012

The First Week

While I started with the best of intentions, I was slowed down by my lack of motivation. I kept track of all my meals this week and made a conscious effort to eat better. For the majority of the week I succeeded. I did not get out and run (or exercise at all for that matter) using the cold temps and ice as an excuse. ( and I have a 24 hour fitness facility at my apartment)

Well enough dwelling on the negative! It is time to look forward and see the possibilities a new week will bring! I know from past experience once I get started I will continue until a habit is formed and working out will become like drinking water. I have to stop with my all or nothing mentality and start realizing some is better then none.

My goal this week is to start out on Hal Higdon's marathon training program. Being that I do not run everyday I thought it would be best to start out slowly and work my way in. I have six months until I run my half marathon in June which gives me plenty of time to focus on getting in shape and beating my time from last year!

Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment