Total Pageviews

Monday, January 9, 2012

In the Beginning

Monday Jan 9 marks the first day of my journey to the 1/2 marathon in June. I have been wanting to get in shape and live a healthier lifestyle for quite sometime even though most days that goal seemed almost unreachable.

In 2011, I completed my first 1/2 marathon with my sister and felt like I was going to die when it was over. However, I felt great as I have never achieved such a goal in my life. This year my sister is deployed in Afghanistan so in a way I feel as if I am doing this for her as well as for me. I did not train at all for the last "run" (as I walked most of the way) I did and it took me about four and a half hours to complete. This year I am starting out six months in advance by eating right, working out with my husband, and following a marathon runner's training schedule.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment