Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Long Time, No Blog

Welcome back!

Well my weekend in Seattle was great (of course) including watching my diet. I didn't go overboard, but still was able to enjoy some of the great food the town has to offer! I skipped the gym at the hotel since we spent so much time walking around downtown. I had one major set back the night we came home and that threw me off my routine. Apparently dropping my calorie intake too low causes low blood sugar and  low blood sugar along with stress will cause panic attacks. We have been working on our finances to try to buy a house along with too much drama from Jeremy's family, plus trying to figure out Jeremy's medical issues while trying to find time to start school, ended up bringing me to my breaking point. I had never had one before and seriously thought I was going to die from a heart attack! I spent a couple of hours in the E.R. that Sunday night and all day Monday sleeping, literally. It took me about a week to get back on track because I was very scared of having another attack. Every time my muscles twitched I was worried it's happening again.

However, a week later I'm trying to go with the flow and not stress too much while sticking to my actual calorie goal instead of coming in way under. We found out that we are now qualified to buy a house and we will start looking next weekend! Yay!! We have decided to move to the Puyallup area since we get extremely bored in Pasco and are constantly making trips to Seattle. Plus I have wanted to live in Seattle since the first time I set foot in the city!

I am back to walking 3 miles a day with hopes to increase each week. Plus the weather has been so great we have been trying to incorporate bike rides into our weekends! This past weekend we did about 3 miles along with a picnic and playing at the park by the river. So much fun! I do much better exercising outside than I do going to a gym! I really do hate running so I think I will walk the 1/2 marathon again this year, but try to incorporate some jogging to have a faster finish time. I finally feel like I am back on track in a healthier way and I'm just hoping I can stick to it! Completing this year's marathon will be so much easier if I am in better shape than last year!

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment